Code Of Conduct
A primary goal of backupspeaker.com is to provide connections between those who speak and those who need speakers. As such, we are committed to providing a friendly, safe and welcoming environment for all, regardless of gender, sexual orientation, ability, ethnicity, socioeconomic status, and religion (or lack thereof).
This code of conduct outlines our expectations for all those who participate in this service, as well as the consequences for unacceptable behavior.
We invite all those who participate in backupspeaker.com to help us create safe and positive experiences for everyone.
Creating a Welcoming and Inclusive Culture
Communities mirror the societies in which they exist and positive action is essential to counteract the many forms of inequality and abuses of power that exist in society.
If you see someone who is making an extra effort to ensure our community is welcoming, friendly, and encourages all participants to contribute to the fullest extent, please recognize their efforts.
The following behaviors are expected and requested of all community members:
- Be respectful.
- Harassment and other exclusionary behavior aren't acceptable. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Violent threats or language directed against another person.
- Discriminatory jokes and language.
- Personal insults, especially those using racist or sexist terms.
- Unwelcome sexual attention.
- Advocating for, or encouraging, any of the above behavior.
- Repeated harassment of others. In general, if someone asks you to stop, then stop.
- Moderators reserve the right to delete excessive self-promotional or commercial posts.
- Content that has been identified as objectionable, inappropriate, or off-topic will be subject to deletion from the service. These decisions are made by backupspeaker.com in its sole discretion.
Consequences of Unacceptable Behavior
Unacceptable behavior from any community member, including staff and those with decision-making authority, will not be tolerated.
Anyone asked to stop unacceptable behavior is expected to comply immediately.
If a community member engages in unacceptable behavior, we may take any action deemed appropriate, up to and including a temporary ban or permanent expulsion from the community without warning.
If you are subject to or witness unacceptable behavior, or have any other concerns, please notify us as soon as possible by emailing email@example.com
License and attribution
This Code of Conduct is directly adapted from the Creative Commons Slack Code of Conduct, which is directly adapted from the Stumptown Syndicate and distributed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike license.
Major portions of text derived from the Django Code of Conduct and the Geek Feminism Anti-Harassment Policy.
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org